Location: Baltimore / Telecommute
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Director, Human Resources
Responsible for full-cycle recruitment, which includes: sourcing candidates, screening resumes, phone and in-person interviews and recommending placement of staff at all levels of the organization. Works closely with department managers to develop recruitment strategies and fill open positions in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Partners with hiring manager to determine staffing needs.
- Screens resumes, interviews candidates (by phone or in person), administers appropriate assessments and performs reference/background checks.
- Makes recommendations for hire, and makes employment offers to candidates.
- Coordinates on-boarding and training with HR department and hiring manager.
- Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, social networks, community events, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Develops advertising programs (internal and external) to ensure high visibility with potential candidates.
- Manages internal transfer process, including screening, coordination of interviews with hiring manager, transfer offer letters, etc.
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process.
- Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
- Ensures compliance with all federal/state employment laws and regulations.
- Manages current candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Manages application/resume file and retention according to company policy.
- Maintains memberships and affiliations with trade/professional organizations related to industry.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of Employment Law (EEO, AMA, FLSA, FMLA, etc.)
- Minimum of two (2) years of high-volume recruiting experience.
- Experience using various recruiting sources including social media.
- Proven track record of successful placement decisions.
- Flooring industry experience helpful.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and deadline oriented.
- Proficient with MS Office.