Fishman Flooring Solutions, an industry leader, is searching for the next great addition to our finance and credit team at our corporate headquarters in Baltimore, MD. This Regional Credit Manager position is a fantastic opportunity to make an impact with a growing, but stable, 100% employee owned company. This credit manager position places a high emphasis on analysis and risk assessment.
Fishman Flooring Solutions offers employment with a family oriented organization that is nearing one hundred (100) years in business and a competitive benefits package. Just some of the benefits include: health/dental/vision insurance; paid vacation, holidays, sick days; profit sharing bonus plan; retirement/401k; and employee stock ownership plan.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Evaluate the credit risk and financial capabilities of current and potential customers within a specific region.
- Run credit checks, consider all factors (risk, legal, security, strategic), recommend credit limits for new customers, and make the best possible credit decision.
- Review and resolve orders on credit hold status in a timely manner consistent with credit policy and procedures.
- Proactively engage customers in collection activities in order to keep receivables current.
- Understand, secure, and enforce mechanic lien and payment bond rights when applicable.
- Work with Corporate Credit Manager regarding changes to credit policies and procedures.
- Work with sales personnel to keep apprised of credit standing of key accounts and to maintain positive relationships with customers.
- Refer accounts for 3rd part collection when applicable, and engage with collection agencies/attorneys, knowledge of how to proceed with bankruptcy notices (knowledge of UCC-1 is helpful).
- Maintain accurate records regarding credit and collection activities on all customer accounts.
- Work with the management team to improve and maintain collection policies and procedures.
- Actively solicit customers on the use of our e-commerce technology.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in commercial credit.
- Experience reading and interpreting financial statements.
- Experience in wholesale distribution preferred.
- Experience within floor covering industry preferred.
- Participation or familiarity with industry credit groups is desirable but not required.
- Ability to resolve complex credit and collections issues.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate credit worthiness of business accounts.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- General knowledge of commercial laws related to collections and bankruptcies.