Fishman Flooring Solutions, an industry leader, is searching for the next great addition to our accounting team at our corporate headquarters in Baltimore, MD. This Staff Accountant position is a fantastic opportunity to make an impact with a growing, but stable, 100% employee owned company. This position places a high emphasis on attention to detail and accounting functions.
Fishman Flooring Solutions offers employment with a family-oriented organization that is nearing one hundred (100) years in business and a competitive benefits package. Just some of the benefits include: health/dental/vision insurance; paid vacation, holidays, sick days; profit sharing bonus plan; retirement/401k; and employee stock ownership plan.
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- A minimum of two (2) years of office/accounting experience
- Ability to complete monthly bank and credit card reconciliations as well as related journal entries for multiple bank accounts entity-wide (36 total locations), control of branch deposit slip collections
- Ability to review and approve monthly bank mileage reimbursements
- Ability to manage Certify expense account software, which includes downloading data, updating pivot tables, coding charges, and entering the data into payables records
- Ability to complete monthly sales tax returns for fourteen (14) different states, including in-state and out-of-state returns
- Ability to complete review of branch cash box reconciliations and over/short account
- Ability to complete numerous journal entries throughout the month
- Ability to complete various monthly reconciliations and accounting projects
- Ability to assist in review of accounts payables invoices and year-end related accounting tasks
- Ability to develop reports and spreadsheets with the use of Excel and knowledge of developing formulas and using pivot tables
- Ability to complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required and determined by the senior accountant
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, professionalism, high attention to detail and accuracy; ability to multi-task
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion and tact
Apply now to be considered for this outstanding opportunity to grow with Fishman Flooring Solutions!